Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confessions of a Photographer


I assisted with Vanessa at a wedding today and it was just another confirmation as to why I don't do them. Its not about getting a good photo its about getting their on time and the right place for that matter...he he! Let me explain a little more in detail. It snowed today and it all came down about the time I was to drive. It was a parking lot a the point of the mountain and I only had about a mile to go to get my exit. Finally made it past all the accidents and I was off. I actually made it on time before they walked out the doors but that can be stressful if I was THE photographer.
Another time I was doing a favor for a friend and went to the Timpanogos Temple...I'm waiting and realizing I don't know anyone and the room was empty...besides the 3 other people waiting. I run out to my car to get my phone and make a call...it was then I realized it was the Salt Lake Temple. It was snowing and there was no way I would make it on time...I missed it.
Wanna hear another time? I was heading up to my friend Brooke's wedding and again I hit traffic...in my case its usually a parking lot...missed her ceremony.
So, its not in my cards to shoot weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion in life is photography. I live eat and breath it....seriously sometimes I can't sleep at night. I love to be able to capture every moment of my children's lives...I'm not so sure how much they like it. They'll thank me later...right! I have been blessed to be married to my best friend for 12 years. I love that he tolerates all of my obsessions he may not get them but he supports me to go for it. So, thanks to my best friend for supporting me to make my DREAMS come true.