Saturday, September 17, 2011

Arrogant

I know that I am so far behind from posting my photos a day. I do need to spend some time catching up but I just wanted to get this post out. I need to vent.

So I had a grooms mom hire me to get family shots of her sons wedding. Her last wedding she didn't get any photos nor did they care to get her 'in' the photos. So this time she wanted to 'make sure' she got what 'she' wanted. While I understood her story and wanted to help out I was in the way.

Today was the wedding. While at the temple I found the photographer that the bride hired and talked with her about the situation and to merely suggest that I would follow her and make sure I got shots that I can give to my client. She 'the photographer' told me that she would get everything and to not worry but to stay out of her way and get details shots. I thought to myself okay, I can do that but then thought 'wait, my client wants the family photos.' I talked with my client and told her that the photographer would take care of getting family shots and that maybe I should go home. My client then said 'no' I know she will get shots of us but I will 'never see' the photos and thats why I hired you because you will give them to me. So, my client, walked over to the other photographer had a 'nice' conversation about what she wanted and that she 'hired me' and wants me to get photos. The photographer was upset and said I would 'get in the way' she then said well, I hired her and want her to get some photos and walked away. DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, here I am in an awkward situation, thinking never to do this again, but now I've got to get shots for my client but not get in the way. OKAY. So its time to go to the doors and get the typical shots and  'the other' was setting up her tripod yes, she's in the bridal party. I thought I will give this another try and be nice and help out. I asked her if she wanted me to take the photos while she was in them, she said 'no' I have a remote. Cool, you friggin arrogant B*(#@. I also thought I can't wait to see her photos from the day shooting with a Canon 40d, isn't that like 10 years old. So I let her do her thing and I did mine. She was also talking smack about me to her cute 'little' bridal party, I think she was like 16 or something. I've got at least 10 years of experience on me and she was being arrogant.
I also had to get some shots at the reception, that was fine, I got the family stuff and left.
I was really appaled by her immaturaty I really didn't think that the other photographer would have such a big deal with it especially given the circumstance and honestly I would not have gotten in the way or did my own take on the day. I really wouldn't have taken over. I get that it would be frustrating from her point but there is also away to work together. I am really of the opinion of 'lets all be friends because frankly there are a million photographers in utah' you don't need enemies but if you are an arrogant immature brat then ya I won't be your friend.

So Peace Out and I hope I never run into you again.

The best part was this was all done at the temple, no less. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion in life is photography. I live eat and breath it....seriously sometimes I can't sleep at night. I love to be able to capture every moment of my children's lives...I'm not so sure how much they like it. They'll thank me later...right! I have been blessed to be married to my best friend for 12 years. I love that he tolerates all of my obsessions he may not get them but he supports me to go for it. So, thanks to my best friend for supporting me to make my DREAMS come true.