Saturday, December 10, 2011

Kindness of Strangers





This holiday season I have come to grips with my budget. At first I was a little upset but then my hard heart was softened.
I have now decided to take on the challenge and figure out how I could possibly make Christmas happen with $100 and 5 kids. I wrote down all that I needed to pull it off and went to the store and found everything that would work to make it GREAT. And then days later I get this with a basket full of goodies. How cool is that now I have more money to get some more gifts for the kids. I tell you what this process was so cleansing to my soul. You actually don't need much for Christmas and what I learned in this whole process was...its the spirit of it all. I can't even begin to explain to you the JOY I have felt this holiday season. I found some birds for FREE and the cage. I thought this would be a fun big gift to give. I also had some trade at a clothing store to get something for the girls.I do have to say that it is harder to find something COOL for the older kids because well, they want more expensive stuff. But Greg and I did come up with refurbishing his old laptops to give to the kids.
Anywho this Christmas Holiday Season was so enjoyable for me. I just want to shout it out to all those around me. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion in life is photography. I live eat and breath it....seriously sometimes I can't sleep at night. I love to be able to capture every moment of my children's lives...I'm not so sure how much they like it. They'll thank me later...right! I have been blessed to be married to my best friend for 12 years. I love that he tolerates all of my obsessions he may not get them but he supports me to go for it. So, thanks to my best friend for supporting me to make my DREAMS come true.