Monday, February 28, 2011

I almost forgot to get a shot.


It was a busy day, Mondays usually are. I picked up Gabe from Velocity Sports the sun was setting and I still had a shot to get and this is what I saw...chalked roads and toy cars parked.

So, Greg and I had a soccer game tonight...so FUN and we were winning...then we let it go and they came back for the win 6-7 -FRUSTRATING but still FUN! Its just kinda how our team plays. I hope we can figure it out cuz we are dang good and could win all of our games.

Christy and Ryan thank you for your words of encouragement I really appreciate it. I don't think I could ever quit taking pictures of my family however, I think its about time for me to stop shooting for clients or just increase my pricing and do EXACTLY what I want to do.
I love this 365 day challenge I really wanted something else for me to focus on besides trying to get the best shot to the most creative session to the best location that no one else knows about...yada yada yada. You know trying to be like the Jones' in photography gets down right frustrating. I don't feel like I do that per say...he he! I honestly want people to succeed in photography. It makes me happy. I just don't like the part of whose name is bigger than who and who decides who is big and who is not. HA does that make sense...it does to me.
I rarely get on facebook and I've gotten rid of all my bookmarked blogs I used to look at...just kind of taking me out of it all.
The best part about this is I don't usually feel this way the next day. I kind of laugh when I look back on the honest things I say but I keep the posts because it was how I felt in the moment.

I'm going to keep doing this challenge. I've considered making the blog private because I really wanted it for me to learn but I'm going to keep it as it is. I think it creates more growth just knowing there is someone watching and waiting. Keeps my accountable.

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Some days are just frustrating. I think it's good to vent and share feelings, even if it's on a blog. =) (I did it just last week!) =) And you never know who will be able to related to it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have put into words exactly how I feel. I have been struggling with these same issues. It is so nice and refreshing to know I'm not the only one. I very easily have a one track mind and find that when I immerse myself into photography, my family suffers. I have been working on a balance for so long and there are days where I just want to put it aside. Then I wake up the next day and see and feel why I love it so much, and would hate to not continue, because learning would cease. I always think of the saying, shoemakers kids go shoeless. Because my family outing pictures suffer because I enjoy just experiencing with my family and not worrying about getting the right angle, light, expression and so on. I did the 365 last year and it was a struggle, but I am glad I did it. I want to continue, but maybe once a week or so.
    I enjoy your work so much and your words as well. Thank you for expressing yourself and helping me to do the same and feel not so alone about it. Sorry to ramble on, but you really hit home for me.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so just another reason I think you're the greatest! If only you could have been a fly on the wall when Suzanne and I met up at the mall yesterday. At the end of a conversation we had, I said, "That's why I love Jess Bishop so much. She seems so much more like ME." I have laid low in the photography business, for many reasons and at first it was really hard for me. I wanted to be as great as everyone else and have tons of clients and make my own money and have people talk about my work. I've learned in time, to be happy for their accomplishments and their greatness, and to be happy for my staying true to who I am. Thanks for sharing and being honest. It really helps to have someone like you to look up to and admire. Someone who is more like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have so much in common it's crazy. As I read what you wrote it's word for word how I feel lately (it's all about the recognition I'm wishing I had). Anyway, so happy you are doing this challenge. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion in life is photography. I live eat and breath it....seriously sometimes I can't sleep at night. I love to be able to capture every moment of my children's lives...I'm not so sure how much they like it. They'll thank me later...right! I have been blessed to be married to my best friend for 12 years. I love that he tolerates all of my obsessions he may not get them but he supports me to go for it. So, thanks to my best friend for supporting me to make my DREAMS come true.