Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Checks in the mail


I got this in an email and this was the day that I was to reflect upon it.
"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

The line that is italicized was what particularly happened today. We received a check in the mail of $5000. What a blessing! Greg is on a new venture and we were pretty much out of money. Not sure if this is crossing the line of personal and biz but I started this project as a personal thing and this how I view it.
Anyways my religion suggests I be a stay at home mom and I love it...of course, there are bad days but I wouldn't change it for the world. And because its suggests I stay home I don't push my business to make money to pay bills, with Greg not having and income yet it would be an obvious thing to do. But every time I've tried for more work, I stress out hard. Okay, so back to my story, we are getting close to running out of money and considered borrowing money from Greg's parents but a couple weeks ago I read an article in the Ensign about a family in a similar situation and considered borrowing to make ends meet. They received counsel not to and so they didn't. It all worked out for them. We actually felt the same way and I didn't freak out...cuz I typically do go CRAZY...but 2 days later from deciding not to go into debt we got this check in the mail. Isn't that AMAZING?!! The Lord has blessed us.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing story. Thank you for this and for getting personal. I love getting to know you through things like this 365 challenge. You really are such an amazing person, not just an amazing photographer. You of all people deserve blessings on end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this inspiring story. I am a stay at home mom, too, for the same reason, and money does get tight. But I feel it's so worth it, and the Lord blesses us for our efforts. =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion in life is photography. I live eat and breath it....seriously sometimes I can't sleep at night. I love to be able to capture every moment of my children's lives...I'm not so sure how much they like it. They'll thank me later...right! I have been blessed to be married to my best friend for 12 years. I love that he tolerates all of my obsessions he may not get them but he supports me to go for it. So, thanks to my best friend for supporting me to make my DREAMS come true.